Branislav Kojić (1899, Smederevo – 1987, Belgrade) studied in Paris (Ecole Centrale des Arts et Manufactures, 1918-1921). He belongs to a generations of French-educated architects who turned towards contemporary events and the realization of modern ideas and programmes. Thanks to his pragmatic spirit, he developed a successful career encompassing romanticism, folkorism and modernism. His work is marked by the purest Le Corbusier influence, Czech modernism and the international style. he was one of the founders of the group of architects of the modern trend. At his first exposition in 1929, he exhibited designs for the Theater and Workers' Club in Novi Sad as the earliest works of Serbian modernism. He was involved in educational, research and publishing activities and was a member of the Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts.
Art Pavilion Cvijeta Zuzorić Belgrade (1927–29); Ph.D. Koen’s Surgical Pavilion Belgrade (1926–30); Edvard Zamboni’s villa, Dobračina St. Belgrade(1927); Villa on Topčidersko brdo in Belgrade (1929); Primary School Car Dušan in Skopje (1931–32); the Pupils House in Skopje (1932–33, demolished); Villa Erna in Niška banja (1937); Vreme Palace in Belgrade (1937–39).
All our texts and many of our images appear under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike License (CC BY-SA). All our content is written and edited by our community.