Forgot Password?
Register
Register
Forgot Password
Add to Collection

Bruno Morassutti

Padua, Italy
1 of 1Architetti

Bruno Morassutti graduated in Venice in 1949. He traveled across America to visit the works of Ludwig Mies van der Rohe and Wright's. His first realization was a holiday home for his family in Jesolo (1954). After he had a brief collaboration with Carlo Scarpa for completing Romanelli Villa in Udine (1954-1956). He moved to Milan and associated with Angelo Mangiarotti. In collaboration with the engineer Aldo Favini, he was testing innovative solutions for the industrialization of construction.

Works

Significant achievements for the use of modules and prefabricated building components are industrial buildings in Padua (1959) and Longarone (1965), residential units Le Fontanelle in San Martino di Castrozza (1964) and systems of prefabrication designed between the seventies and eighties. Other works, emblematic of the search for a connection between form and construction inspired by the architecture of Wright and Mies are the high-rise project in Genoa (1955), the church of Baranzate (1956-58), residential buildings via Gavirate (1959-1962) and via Quadronno (1960-1962) in Milan, the Villa von Saurma (1962-1964) and Termini of Sorrento.

The partnership with Mangiarotti was interrupted in the early sixties. In 1969 he creates Morassutti & Associates Architects, with Maria Gabriella Benevento, Giovanna Gussoni, Mario Memoli and Aldo Favini. From this period is important the Center IBM in Novedrate (1970-1974), Carlevaro house in Segrate (1969-1970) and a series of projects for residential prefabrication. In the last two decades of activity, the interest of Bruno Morassutti was aimed primarily at issues of religious architecture and public space.

Padua, Italy
Bostjan, June 17th, 2017