Forgot Password?
Register
Register
Forgot Password
Add to Collection

Majda Dobravec Lajovic

1 of 1

In 1959 she graduated at the Faculty of Arhitecture under Prof. Edvard Ravbikar. After graduation she became employed as a designer at Zavod za zadružno gradnjo in Ljubljana; later she worked at the AB arhitectural office from its establishment in 1964 until 1988. Until her retiremant in 1996, she was resident architect and designer of museum exhibitions at the Technical Museum of Slovenia in Bistra. Her best-known work is the primary school building in Kranjska Gora. From her student years onwards she was also involved with graphic design; perhaps the two most acclaimed posters were the ones from the exhibition »Stanovanje za naše razmere« (Housing for Our Circumstances) in 1956 and the first BIO exhibition in 1964. The latter was included in the permanent exhibition of MoMA in Nex York and presented at the exhibition Designing Modern Women 1890-1990. She designed the logos for Stol Kamnik, Šumi, AB biro and Tekstilindus Kranj. Between 1960 and 1962 she was assistant to Prof. E. Ravnikar at the Faculty of Arhitecture. Occasionally she wrote fort he journal Arhitekt.

,
Lana_Pastirk, October 27th, 2020