Forgot Password?
Register
Register
Forgot Password
Add to Collection

Building of the Pension Fund

Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
1 of 1a4a

The building dates from 1941 to 1943, when it was built to a design by one of the pioneers of Modernism in Sarajevo, the architect Muhamed Kadić. It is one of his most interesting designs, the result of the cultural climate then prevailing in architectural circles.

The building consists of a ground floor, five upper storeys and an attic with an east front 34.00 m in length and a north front of 18.00 m. It is of extremely complex composition, both in volume, consisting of a variety of prismatic and semicylindrical forms, and in its exuberant façades.

The point where the north and east façades meet at the corner is echoed by well‐ proportioned openings and divisions into windows, creating the most successful treatment of a corner building in Sarajevo in the period between the two world wars.