Forgot Password?
Register
Register
Forgot Password
Add to Collection

German Opera Berlin

Berlin, Germany
1 of 7Berlin Welcomecard

The Deutsche Oper Berlin is located in the Charlottenburg district of Berlin. It is the country's second largest opera house. The Deutsches Opernhaus was built in 1911 by the independent city of Charlottenburg in Prussia by Heinrich Seeling. It opened on November 7, 1912 with a performance of Beethoven's Fidelio. With the Nazi Machtergreifung in 1933, the opera was under control of the Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda. In 1935, the building was remodeled by Paul Baumgarten and the seating reduced from 2300 to 2098. The house was destroyed in 1943. Its was rebuilt in 1961 by Fritz Bornemann.