The House of Film Actors was constructed in 1931-34 by the Vesnin brothers. Initially designed as the club house of the Society of Former Political Prisoners and Exiles, only the central body of the original, asymmetric design was actually realised, while the planned wings were never completed. The large glass windows in the upper floor were meant to enclose a winter garden, which would have lead to a museum displaying a historical documentation on Bolshevist prisoners in Tsarist times. After the Society was abolished in 1935, the building first housed a cinema to later became the House of Film Actors.Today it is a well-attended theater.
House of Film Actors
1 of 2
All our texts and many of our images appear under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike License (CC BY-SA). All our content is written and edited by our community.