The Portland Public Service Building, popularly known as the Portland Building, is a 15-story municipal office building located at 1120 SW 5th Avenue in downtown Portland, Oregon, United States. Built at a cost of $29 million, it opened in 1982. Michael Graves' building, with its distinctive block-like design and square windows, has become an icon of postmodern architecture. In 1985, the building was adorned by addition of the hammered-copper statue Portlandia above the front entrance.
1120 SW 5th Avenue, USA
1 of 3Britannica
All our texts and many of our images appear under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike License (CC BY-SA). All our content is written and edited by our community.